Thursday, June 22, 2023

Chess Wanted To Say


Hi Crafty Friends,

I have one more sneak peek to share with you today, showing of of the new dies being released by Karen Burniston on Friday 23rd June.


For my card today I created a 5 inch x 7 inch pop-up card using the knight and pawn dies included in the new Game Charms die set. These two dies were perfect to use to create this male themed card. I die. cut the two chess pieces several times from white cardstock and then used ink to add the colour to the pieces.

To create the chess board I cut 1 inch squares from black and white cardstock, cutting eight of each. I then pieced these together to make the board. I layered the checkered pattern onto dark grey cardstock and then onto red cardstock. 

I used the second largest rectangle from the Rectangles & Labels - Crosshatch die set to die cut all the patterned paper panels on the card, both inside and out.

For the sentiment, I used the Mini Alphabet and Numbers die set to create the "Chess" word. I then added the "Wanted To Say" sentiment using a stamp set.



For the inside of my card, I created a pop-up card using the Little Labels Pop-up die set. I decorated the pop up panel using the knight and pawn in both colours. I also computer generated the sentiment for the centre label.

I used the checkered portion of the picnic blanket from the Picnic Elements die set to create my chess boards. I cut each piece down so it was 8 squares and then used the square dies from the Surprise Cube die set to add the layers.


I added the birthday sentiment to the chess boards on the lower base of my card.







 

No comments: