Friday, June 23, 2023

Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC June 2023 Release Blog Hop

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 


Welcome to our Karen Burniston Products - KB Riley LLC June Release Blog Hop. The Design Team have come together with Karen today for a fun blog hop to celebrate the release of 9 new dies. Sneak peeks of the new release started earlier in the week, and the dies are available to order NOW!

 




 This release includes:

  • 2 new Charm Sets
  • 1 new Word Set
  • 2 new Add-on Sets
  • 3 new Pop-up Die Sets
  • 1 stand alone Die Set

 

Dies are available to order now on the website. 

 

GIVEAWAY:

 

To celebrate the release Karen Burniston and each of the Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC Design Team members will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to some lucky person who comments on our blog posts, so make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post. Winners will be randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received on our blog posts by Friday, 30th June 2023. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop posts to enter! Don't forget to leave some way for us to contact you, in case you are a lucky winner!



For my card today I have used the new House of Cards Pop-up die set ... this is such a fun die set and one that will be great for male cards too. When I first saw this die I thought of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, so that is what I did for my card.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.



The House of Cards die set, come complete with the "A" for Ace and the four suits (hearts; diamonds, Spades and Clubs) so you can make your own playing cards if you want to. For my card I used a set of mini playing cards that I have had for years to die cut all the playing cards. I had a clean up earlier in the year and I debated throwing these out as I hadn't used for years ... I am glad I didn't. I believe KB Riley will also be selling Mini Playing Cards if you want to use them.

My card is a 5 inch x 7 inch card, and I added a gusset to the centre of the card. I ended up building up 4 rows of playing cards. 

The stamped images used on this card are all from La-La Land Crafts.


I used the smaller rectangles from the Rectangles - Crosshatch die set to the lower right hand corner of my card, for a place to write a personal greeting.

The "You're A Big Deal" sentiment comes from the new Word Set 17 - Congratulations die set.


I kept the front of my card fairly simple, seeing the focus of the card is the inside. I used the same layer for the pattern papers.

I used the Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow die sets to add the birthday sentiment. I found a smaller playing card set in my stash, so I took the aces out of there to add above the sentiment.

I added one more stamped image to the right hand side of the card.


Well that's about it from me today, thank you for dropping by. To continue on the blog hop, click on the next person on the list, which is  Jennifer Webster


Here is the complete blog hop list in case you need it.


Blog Hop List:


Karen Burniston

Lois Bak

Sue Small-Krieder

Frances Byrne. <<<< YOU ARE HERE >>>>

Jennifer Webster

Fran Sabad

Suzanne Smit

Nicky Foden









35 comments:

Sue S said...

Such a fun new release! Thank you for your inspiration!

Sue SK said...

Fab Card Frances!

annemarie said...

I love it with the Alice in wonderland figuren.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic make!

Maggie McGee said...

Beautiful and fun. Love the Alice in Wonderland theme and the style, etc. All is so great. margaretmcgee1@gmail.com

Joyce said...

Absolutely love this release!

Lois said...

Such a fun card using that great House of Cards set. I like the Alice in Wonderland theme -- it's perfect!

Kathy De Hay said...

Thank you for such a fun card. The added stamped images were a great added touch and soo cute.

Kimberly Glandorf said...

Great card! Love the design, papers, and the stamp! Love it!

jean said...

just placed my order , just adore your card!!! cant wait to make one!!!

Suziestamper said...

Wow, unbelievable work on that card.
Looks like it would take days, weeks to make! So unique! Great job!

Dotsy said...

This is my favorite die of the release! Love your card and your coloring is perfect!

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is incredible! I LOVE your house of cards pop up! Great design and coloring! meghan.kennihan@gmail.com

AuntLee said...

What a wonderful surprise for the recipient! Love the House of Cards!

Brenda said...

U love the queen and the card guards. I love everything about your card. You did a fabulous job.

DPotter said...

I can’t wait to get my dues, I love this card!

Diane Potter
dpotter680@aol.com

Teresa said...

Love this new set. Your card mkes it look so fun.

hlawson@farmerstel.com

Denise Bryant said...

Wow.... love your House of Cards creation! Very fun project!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic card Fran! You always have the perfect stamp for every theme.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a super fun card this is - spectacular! I wish
this had been around years ago when my hubby used to
be a dealer on a cruise ship!! lol
rebyah1@gmail.com

Tammy said...

What a fun card! The papers that you chose are just perfect!

NancyR said...

Amazing as always, Frances. I always love your take on a die. Can't wait to try this one.

dyeandpigment said...

Love, love your card and the idea you based it on. Thanks.

Sheila R said...

Great release and fantastic projects

eunice said...

Wow! Your take on Karen's new House of Cards pop up die is AMAZING! Love,love, love how you made your card so special with Lala Land Crafts stamps.

BeckyM said...

Hi Frances, love that you combined the lalaland images with this. So much can be done with this die set! Xo

Vivian C. said...

Absolutely fabulous! Perfect images and background papers. Good thing you didn't throw out those cards. vrc@prodigy(dot)net

Darlene Renshaw said...

Great card. I hope to achieve great things like that when I make my cards. So fantastic

Cindy Manott said...

What an impressive card. I love the use of the mini cards and the word set is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sue D said...

Wow--this is such a cool card with the card theme.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Sheila R said...

Great release love your projects
Sfisher121562@yahoo.com

Tami said...

I love this queen of hearts card! I have this stamp set too and I’m excited to play with it with this fabulous die set!! Thanks for sharing such a fun and great card!!

Belinda said...

Love this card. It looks hard to do but looks great.

Heidi said...

I love the Alice in Wonderland theme you combined with the die. I hope my arthritic hands will be able to assemble this creation
cerbinh@gmail.com

Shonda said...

The mini cards are so much fun especially for those gamers we all know and love. I love that you can use this die for a more masculine audience too. Great job designing this fabulous card.