Monday, June 19, 2023

Happy Birthday

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday card I created recently.

A while back I purchased Paper Discovery's Happy Birthday Word Panel die, this die is massive! A lot bigger than I was expecting being approximately 8 inches x 5 inches. When I pulled it out recently to look at, I had a Centre Step Card on my desk and when I put it up against that, I thought it might work ... so that is what I have done for my card today.

I used the High Centre Stepper Card die set from Creative Craft Products, this is a much wider card than the normal Centre Stepper Cards and I am liking it more and more. I die cut the card base from white and the birthday sentiment from black, layering the sentiment up 3 layers for strength.


I die cut the layers using some rainbow paper I have had in my stash for years, probably at least 20 years if not more. The rainbow layer is normally the outer layer, but I wanted a black layer, so I cut that by hand around all the pieces.

I had a few dogs left over from another card I made using La-La Land Crafts Pawsome Friends stamps set, so I used them and stamped a couple more to add to my card. I also die cut some bones using a Whimsy Stamps stamp set and added those to my card.


For the inside of my card, I used the larger rectangle die included in the die set to die cut the white layer and added a black matting layer. I then added two sentiments and another dog using the stamps from the La-La Land Crafts stamp set.








No comments: