Thursday, June 1, 2023

Hummingbird Slimline Centre Step

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

About 12 years ago I did a tutorial for Splitcoast Stampers on how to make a Centre Step Card. It was my very first video tutorial I had ever made. Since then I have made many Centre Step Cards and now have a number of different die sets that help make them. You can find my tutorial here.  Last month, Dina Kowal came up with a Slimline version of this style of card and included it in the Splitcoast Stampers Newsletter, the converted measurements are at the end of my original tutorial, if you are interested in giving it a go.

It's been a long time since I have made a Centre Step Card without the use of a die, but of course I had to make one. I cut my Centre Step from white cardstock. 


As you can see, I decided not to add layers to my card except for the two cloud layers at the bottom of my card. I used Spellbinders' Hummingbird and Lily die set to decorate my card which includes dies to create the hummingbird, lily and cloud. The cloud die is a little shorter than the width of my card, so I just did a little careful die cutting.

I added Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to add details to the card base and clouds.


For the sentiment, I used Altenew''s Everyday Sentiments Hot Foil Set, foiling the sentiment using black foil. I added the circle sentiment to the bottom of my card, trimming off the overhanging portion of the circle.

To finish off the card, I added clear dew drops randomly around the card.


For the inside of the card, I added a few more of the lily buds and a sentiment using a stamp set from Card Making Magic.