Wednesday, June 7, 2023

What's One More Candle

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am share a shaped birthday card I created for someone celebrating their 70th birthday. 

I love creating shaped cards, so when Creative Craft Products released a set of dies called the  Numbers Galore Collection I had to add them to my stash. This collection creates  shaped cards for milestone birthdays and also include stamps to do with the dies so they can be used for both birthday and anniversaries. The numbers in the collection are 18; 21; 30; 40; 50; 60; 70 and 80. I could have really used these last year as my husband celebrated his 70th birthday and it was also our 50th Anniversary. This year I don't really have many special birthdays or anniversaries to make for, but these will be something I can use for future occasions. 

As I wanted to play with one of the dies, I decided to make a 70th birthday card. I used the Numbers Galore 70 Birthday & Anniversary die set to create the card base. I used the Numbers Galore 30 Birthday & Pearl stamp/die set for the candles & birthday cake. There is a cake & a candle in the "70" set, however the ones in the "30" set is smaller so I used those.


The balloons are from the Numbers Galore Milestone Birthday (21) stamp/die set. I stamped the balloons in rainbow colours and added them to the card in that order to match the patterned paper.

For the sentiment I used one from the Numbers Galore 70 Birthday & Anniversary stamp/die set.

One of the things I like about these sets is that they included both birthday and anniversary images and sentiments for the big numbers, except for 80. I would have liked a 90 too, but unfortunately they didn't do that number.

This makes a large card, being approximately 8 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches tall.  


Here is a look at the inside of my card. I added two birthday sentiments to the oval panel on the right side of the card. I also added a few more candles.