Tuesday, June 6, 2023

June 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our June Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "WEDDING or BABY" - create a card celebrating a new couple or a new baby.


For my card today I used the Paper Frames Pop-up die set for the pop-up mechanism of my card. I have used this previously in A5, Square and even Slimline cards so I figured this time around I would create a 5 inch x 7 inch card, which gives you plenty of room to decorate.

I used the elephant & giraffe from the Safari Animals die set to add the "stuffed toys" to the side panels of the card.

On the top left side of the card I added the "Congrats" die using Word Set 8 - Congrats die set.

On the upper right hand side of my card I used one of the labels from the Labels - Crosshatch die set, to have a place to write a personal message.


Here is a close up view of my Paper Frames pop-up. I added baby themed stamped sentiments to the panels and decorated the edges of the labels using dies from the Baby Charms die set.


For the front of the card, I used the gingham patterned paper I used on the inside of the card. Rather than use a third piece of paper I joined the paper left over from decorating the inside. To hide the join I added the border using the Border Blends - Party die set.

I used the Ovals -  Crosshatch die set for my oval panels which I decorated using dies from the Baby Charms die set and also the "Welcome" from the Welcome die set.






3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So sweet

MadeByMeghanK said...

Darling baby girl card! LOVE all the pinks!

Shonda said...

Such a beautiful card. I imagine it really warming a mothers heart to welcoming her new baby girl. I am a mother of 3 girls so I consider my self an expert��. Great job!