Friday, December 1, 2023

Penguining To Look A Lot Like Christmas

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

I have another Christmas card to share today using penguin stamps from Adventures in Ink/Craft Stash. My card is inspired by a card Sam Calcott made recently using the tiger stamps from the same company.

For this card I created a 6 x 6 Flip card using the Made to Surprise 6 x 6 Fabulous Flip Card die set. 

The "Merry Christmas on the front of the card is from the Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Christmas Fun Sentiments.

I normally like to colour my images using my Comic alcohol markers, but as I stamped the penguins on either side of the same white panel and alcohol markers bleed through the card, I used my Black Widow Pencils.


When you pull the left side of the card, the front of the card flips to reveal the other side of each panel and a sentiment on the inside.

I added MFT Stamps Stacked Merry die set for the sentiment on the inside. I ended up adding two of the "Merry's" one in each panel.



Here is a clearer photo of the flip side of the white panels. The sentiments are also included in the penguin stamp set.


I adhered the flip card onto a top folding white card that measures 6 inches square. I cut a strip of cardstock that measures 3 inches x 6 inches. I scored along the 3 inch side at 1/2 inch; 1 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 inches and then folded to create an "M" shape.I adhered this piece to the bottom of the inside of the card to turn it into a tent style card. This makes it easier to display.


Seeing the card doesn't open, because I turned it into a tent card, I added a few panels to the back so that I could add a sentiment and hand written greeting. I also added another of the penguins to the lower right hand corner.