Tuesday, December 5, 2023

December 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our December Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "NAUGHTY OR NICE?" - Make a Christmas card that incorporates a stocking. This can be the Stocking Pop-up or the Holiday Charms stocking or the Fireplace Extras or whatever you can dream up!

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


As you can see by the photos above, I created a Christmas themed Slimline Pop-up card for this month's challenge. Besides being Designer Challenge time, it is also the start of sneak peeks for the release next Monday 11th December, so I couldn't resist adding at least one new die to my card.

For the pop-up portion of my card I used the new Raising Platform Pop-up die set for the top pop up on this card. I added the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment from the Small Script - Christmas die set to the label. I made my slimline card to measure 3 3/4 inches x 8 1/2 inches to allow for the Raising Platform Pop-up.

The bottom pop-up uses the Stocking Pop-up die set, I like how both pop ups can be used together to create a double pop-up card. 

I added more sentiments from the Small Script- Christmas for the "Holly Jolly Christmas" to the left panel of the pop-up.

When the card is opened, the content of the stock is revealed. Besides using the present, bow & candy cane to the inside of the stock which are all from the Stocking Pop-up die set. I also used the bear from the Winter Animals die set and the foliage from the Holiday Charms die set.


For the front of the card I used the fireplace from the Fireplace Pop-up die set and the Fireplace Extras 1 die set. I had to cut the sides of the fireplace down a little so it would fit onto the width of the slimline card.

For the sentiment, I used the Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas Shadow die sets.





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great Slimline pop up card