Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Follow Your Dreams


Hi everyone,

Today I have another card using 'stamps' which I created using one of the new ModaScrap Flourish Dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. For this card I used the Flower Lace 1 die. 

This card was inspired by a card fellow ECD Design Team member Sanna Lippert created when she shared a card she made using one of the new flower lace dies which she had turned into a stamp by die cutting the die from fun foam. I loved the idea of using the die in this way that I had to create my own flower lace stamps and create a card or two. You can see Sanna's tutorial on how to create stamps from dies here.


This time round I decided to stamp the Flower Lace image using black ink so I could color the image using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. It has been ages since I have played with these. I wanted to have a bright look to the card. 

When I placed the 'stamp' on my MISTI I placed it so that it would stamp on one corner and then I was able to turn the cardstock around and stamp on the other end.


I kept the inside of my card simple by adding some stripes of pink cardstock and weaved where they overlapped. I also added a sentiment.


Here is my 'stamp' I created which was die cut from fun foam. Once I had die cut the image I adhered the fun foam flourish onto thick acetate (I used old packaging) so that the stamp was sturdier. I used my MISTI to stamp the image by adding some Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the acetate to attach it to the door of the MISTI.

Stamps: Dream Sentiments; Occasions Sentiments  - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Bright Pink
Dies: ModaScrap Flower Lace 1; Stitched Rectangles; Dotted Scallop Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Fun Foam; Zig Clean Color Brush Markers



1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wowsa - so bright and fun! Love the way the Zig Clean Colour Markers look here on that pretty fun foam stamp.