Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

C4C217NewYear-a-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. After our break for a couple of weeks, it’s exciting to be back for another year of fun  challenges. Hosting our challenges for January is Sarah Gough.

To start of the year/month, Sarah has given us an Inspiration Challenge using the photo below.

C4C217


C4C217NewYear-wm

For my inspiration I used the colors … black/white/silver/and grey (the dots) and the banner saying Happy New Year to create a New Years card. Oh and let’s not forget the stars too! As soon as I saw this photo my mind starting going to the Karen Burniston's Sizzix Pop N Cuts Star insert so of course I had to make a Pop Up Card Smile!

For the front of my card I used the stars from the Sizzix Party Set #2 Sizzlits and die cut the stars from Silver Glitter card and black card. I added the number dies which are from Taylored Expressions to create 2014.

C4C217NewYear2-wm

For the inside of my card I used the Sizzix Pop N Cuts A2 Card Base along with the Sizzix Pop N Cuts Star Insert.  I added the stars and swirls from the Sizzix Party Set #2 Sizzlits.

For the banner at the top and bottom of the card I used The Stamps of Life’s Alpha4Banners stamp set and the coordinating die which is in the Banners Die set.

C4C217NewYear4-wm

The star is a little different to most of the other inserts in that it opens up flat as you can see in the photo above.

C4C217NewYear5-wm

Here is a close up of the front of the inside of my card.

C4C217NewYear6-wm

And finally a close up of the back of the inside of my card. yes it is upside down that way you can also see the reverse of the star which is the same as the front.

BTW did you know that Karen Burniston will now be designing dies in conjunction with Elizabeth Craft Designs. I have seen sneak peeks of a few of the new dies and they are AMAZING!!! If you like making interactive cards you will love her new dies. Check out Karen's blog to  see a preview of what is to come.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.



Stamps: Alpha4Banners – The Stamps of Life
Paper: White; Black; Silver Glitter Card; Steampunk Spells DP – Graphic 45
Dies: Sizzix PNC A2 Card Base; Sizzix PNC Star Insert; Sizzix Party Set #2 Sizzlits; Taylored Expressions Circle Numbers Die; TSOL Banner Dies
Other: White Ink; White Embossing Powder; White Hemp Cord; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh Frances, I just LOVE what you've done with the star insert. Wonderful card!
Cheers
Karen A

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

I am linking that glittery Star insert! That banner is SO fun, will have to try that one out myself.

Karen B said...

This is awesome! Love all the sparkly goodness and such a striking color scheme.

Karen B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Wright said...

Frances! YOU totally get a star for this beauty! I just love the star pop up! Too cool and fab! Beautifully done, too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

truly a stellar creation...love the pop up star

Marlene L said...

Wonderful card!! Time to dust off some older dies!! Thank you Frances.