Friday, January 24, 2014

Pick An Age!

PickAnAge1-wm

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing another Pop Up Card using the new “Pop It Ups” range of dies designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

If you would like to see more information on these dies Karen has a fabulous video showing you how easy the dies are to use which you can find here.


PickAnAge-wm

For my card today I have used the Pop It Ups Lots of Pops Pop Up Die along with some stamps from Art Impressions … I just love the cute elephant!

I paper pieced the dress the elephant is wearing using designer paper.

PickAnAge2-wm

To create the fancy shape at the top of my card I used the Agatha Edges dies, I also used the flourish from the Agatha Edges die set to add the flourish along the top edge.

The Lots of Pops Pop Up die has 4 different pop up pieces to it so you can add different elements to your pop up card. If you don’t want to use them all, it is simple enough to just not pop them up when you are creating your pop up.

For the two side pop ups I added the pole and Fishtail Flags which are also included in the Lots of Pops die set. As is the Fishtail Banner that I used for the Happy Birthday Sentiment.

PickAnAge3-wm

The chevron panel at the bottom edge of my card was actually the piece that was left over when I die cut the edge at the top of the card which I decided to adhere to the bottom of my card. I also added another of the flourishes from the Agatha Edges die set.

The sentiment in the centre of the bottom section of my card was layered using the label dies from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.

PickAnAge6-wm

Here is one last look at the inside of my card so you can see the pop up pieces a little better.

PickAnAge4-wm

Here is the front of my card when it is fully closed. I used the flourish from the Agatha Edges again … love these dies they make decorating your cards a breeze. For the sentiment I added half a fishtail banner on either side of the rectangle.

PickAnAge5-wm

Here is the front of my card again, this time when it is standing open … you don’t see the chevron piece which is at the lower edge of the bottom of the inside pop up.

1526827_10201840999399283_1034293860_n

1526826_10201841075921196_1882906510_n

1555380_10201840961318331_1683682041_n



Stamps: Elephant Set; Happy 29th Set; Out To Lunch (sentiment) – Art Impressions
Paper: White; Pink; Blue; Spring Break DP – Kaisercraft
Pop It Ups Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up; Agatha Edges; Katie Label Pivot Card
Other: Black Ink; Pink Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics


#aa-owl-signature

 

5 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

you are having fun with this Dt, eh??? Perfect match....fab work

Karen Aicken said...

This card is such a hoot, Frances.. Love it!
Cheers, Karen A

Karen B said...

I sure hope you're having fun because I am having a BLAST admiring your amazing Pop it Ups cards. You rock, FB!

Sue Ann F. said...

This elephant is so cute and your selection of papers is wonderful. Such a great job.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

What a fun card! That elephant cracks me up, I love you put little banners on the poles.