Sunday, January 5, 2014

Kimono

ElizabethDesign-Kimono-wm

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Today I have a card using the Kimono Die from Elizabeth Craft Designs … just love this dies. I die cut the outline die using gold card and then the solid kimono from red. Before adhering the gold outline to the solid base I used white ink over the red card to give a mottled look.

While looking for my oriental papers I discovered some old gold stickers and found these oriental script stickers in my stash so decided to use those on my card.

ElizabethDesign-Kimono2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. In the top left hand corner I added more stickers as well as the sticker border. The sentiment is a stamp I have had for years.

Stamps – Happy Birthday – Eccentricks
Paper: White; Gold; Red; Washi Paper
Other: Gold Ink; Elizabeth Craft Designs Kimono Die; Gold Stickers; Gold Brads; Pearls; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card! Adding the white ink to the red kimono was a great idea, looks fab!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. Love the colors and embossing!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - you did a great job with the kimono die. Love the colors showing through.
Cheers
Karen A

Mel said...

That's awesome. Love the effect of the die layers for the kimono.

Joanne (jojot) said...

very cool die...new one to me...love the effect of dabbing the white on the red to create depth and pattern on the kimono