Monday, January 27, 2014

A Pirate’s Life!

Pirate's-Life-wm

Hi everyone,

I am back again today with another pop up card using the fabulous new Pop It Ups dies designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I can’t stop playing with these dies!

Pirate's-Life2-wm

This time round I have used the Pop It Ups Lots of Pops Pop-Up die to create this card. This die gives you pop up panels you can use if you want but for this card I just used two of them leaving the two side ones flat.

Pirate's-Life4-wm

I love collecting pirate stamps … I have a few! So when I saw this stamp set from MFT Stamps I had to add it in my cart … oops! I stamped the image onto white card and then cut it out so I could pop it out. In the front pop up I added some waves. I also added the anchor to the pirate ship and some seagulls in the sky.

To create the shape at the top of my card I used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges die set … I love creating shaped edges!

Pirate's-Life4a-wm

On the base of my card I stamped some fish also included in the pirate stamp set and added a sentiment using the label dies from the Katie Label Pivot Card set.

Along the bottom edge of my card I added a flourish using the Agatha Edges die.

Pirate's-Life3-wm

Here is another view of my card this time at an angel so you can see the pop up pieces.

Pirate's-Life5-wm

Here is another peek at the pop up pieces of my card. As you can see I have colored another piece of card the same as my ship and placed that on the middle pop up piece so that it looks like the deck of the ship. I then placed two of the pirates and the treasure chest onto this piece. You can see them if you sneak a peek from the front of the card through the ships sails or by turning the card at an angle like we have here.

Pirate's-Life1-wm

And finally here is the front of my card. I used some designer paper for the red panel. I added a black outline to the shaped piece at the bottom by cutting the Agatha Edge die once from black card and then moving the die down just a little to get a border, this is a little fiddly but I like the end result.

I added a white panel across the card adding the birthday sentiment and the two little pirates that are all included in the stamp set. Hopefully someone will forgive me for forgetting their birthday if I give them this card Smile.

Lots of Pops Pop Up

Agatha Edges

Katie Label Pivot Card

 

Stamps: It’s A Pirates Life – MFT Stamps; Seagulls – Stampendous
Paper: White; Red; Blue; Pirate’s Voyage DP – Best Creations Inc.; Cloud DP – My Mind’s Eye; Blue DP – Amazing Creations
Pop It Ups Dies: Lots of Pops Pop-Up; Agatha Edges; Katie Label Pivot Card – Karen Burniston/Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Catch The Wave; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh my goodness Frances - this is wonderful. I didn't know you loved Pirate Ships. Cool! You've outdone yourself with this card - so many FUN details.
Cheers
Karen A

Karen B said...

I run out of adjectives to properly praise your creations. This one is one of my Francerites! (Frances + favorites)

Sue Ann F. said...

This card is too cute for words. I'm sure the belated wishes will be just fine when they see this special card for them.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Ditto from all above & then some. This is the most fun pirate card I have spyed.

Cindy Haffner said...

Always love your pop-up cards Frances!!