Monday, July 13, 2015

Karen Burniston July Designer Challenge Day 1


Hi everyone,

It's time for our July Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time around the theme for our challenge is Homegrown Holidays - here's your chance to celebrate Christmas (or other winter holiday) on the farm. Create a holiday card with a country feel, using any Pop it Ups dies including (but not limited to) the brand new Farm 2 and Merry & Bright. 

You are going to love all the new dies and stamp sets which are being release later in the month. The Design Team have been busy creating some amazing creations with the new dies, which will see over the next few weeks.



For my card today I decided to create a Pop Stand Card with a floating floor, using the new Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card die set. You can see a video Karen Burniston created to showing this technique here.  

There are a number of trees in the Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card die set which are used together to create a fun 3D tree. I added a star to the top of my tree which has Silver Silk Microfine Glitter added to it. I have also added Red Glitter Dot Peel Off stickers to the tree. 



I used Snowball the Sheep in front and behind the tree on the floating floor. To help make assembling the sheep's body etc to the black solid body, I added Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of my card before die cutting the shapes. 

I added a Santa Hat to both my sheep which is from the new Props 5 - Christmas Costumes. I can see this set getting lots of use on all sorts of things on my Christmas cards this year :) For the white parts of the hat, I added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.

 I added the fence from the Fence Pop Stand Card set to the front and back of the floating floor. This die makes a fun Pop Stand card on it's own or can be used as a normal fence like I have on my card today.


Here is another photo of my card at a different angle so you can see the floating floor a little better.


Here is a photo taken from over head so you can see the card as a whole. I have created this card so that it doesn't matter which end is the front or back it looks the same. 

I used the "Merry Christmas" from the new Merry and Bright Clear Stamp set and the "To Ewe!" which is part of a sentiment in the Homegrown Clear Stamp set. This was layered onto a label from the Lucy Labels Pop Up Card die set. 


For the front of my card I used the Outdoor Edges die set to create the ground. The trees are the inner pieces from the large tree die I used to create the tree on the inside of my card. I also added another Snowball the Sheep as you can see :).

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

I will be back tomorrow with another card I created for this challenge.

Stamps: Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; Red; Brown; Handmade Holiday DP - Simple Stories; Swans & Swimming DP - Graphic 45; Wild Card DP - Bo Bunny
Dies: Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card; Fence Pop Stand Card; Snowball the Sheep; Outdoor Edges; Lucy Labels Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm; Transparent Double Sided Tape 10mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Silver Silk Microfine Glitter; Red Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!!!Super cute!!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow Frances .. your floating floor is amazing. Fabulous card!