Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Elizabeth Craft Designs June Designer Challenge


Hi everyone,

It's time for our June Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

For our challenge this month the Designers were asked to use one of the new Peel Off Stickers which have recently been released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. 

For my card today I decided to use the new "Baby" Peel Off Stickers to create a 1st Birthday card. I can never have enough birthday cards. I decided to go with the primary colors red, yellow and blue.

The base of my card uses the Rectangle Accordion Card die.



Here is a close up of the first two pages of my card. For the monkey image and the other toys (on the third page), I adhered the images onto Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive Tape which had been attached to card and then covered this with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then colored with Copics. For more details on how to do this technique you can see a video Els created using this technique here

As you can see I have added the decorative doily edge from the Paris Edges die set ... a red one on the first page and a blue one on the last page. This makes the card a little more festive. 


I used the "Happy Birthday to You" sentiment from the Farm Greetings Clear Stamp set and stamped it onto white card and then die cut it using the speech bubble from the Lorna Label Pop Up Card. I die cut three more speech bubbles from blue card and layered them behind the white speech bubble so I had a blue frame around the speech bubble.

On the centre page I added my greeting "1 Today" for this I used the Numbers & More 1 die set and the Alphabet 1 Caps die set. To help keep the sentiment lined up and even I placed a piece of low tack masking tape across my white card label and then positioned the letters or number up against it. I added some blue stars that where left over from the Katie Star Frame Edges and added some Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to each star.


I used the Katie Stars Frame Edge die set to create my frame around each page. As I wanted to keep with the primary color theme on each page, I also added stars of the color not already on that page. 

Along the edge where the Paris Edges is joined to the Accordion Page I added a Transparent/Gold Glitter BorderPeel Off Stickers.


Here is my card closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

That's it from me today, thanks for visiting my blog.

Stamps: Farm Greetings Clear Stamp Set - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Blue; Yellow
Dies: Rectangle Accordion Card; Katie Stars Frame Edges; Paris Edges; Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Alphabet 1 Caps; Numbers & More - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Baby Peel Off Stickers; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 152mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Transparent/Gold Glitter Borders Peel Off Stickers
Foam Tape; Copics


1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fun first b'day card