Thursday, July 30, 2015

Have a Magical Day!


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Our challenge hostess for July, Lynn McAuley finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Lynn tells us that .... Tomorrow is Harry Potter’s birthday. So for our challenge this week we are to create a card of some kind that honors this amazing literary character.

I found some Harry Potter themed character digital stamps over on the Tiddly Inks web site, so decided I had to get them to create my card for this challenge. 

I decided to create a Pull card using the Rectangle Pull Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.



This time round I decided to make the rectangle panel clear by adding acetate and cutting another black panel to go over the acetate. I attached Harry to the inside of the card so that he could still be see when the card was closed through the acetate window.

I used the wavy edge from the Outdoor Edges die set to create the ground which I die cut using Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front of the card and then covering with Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter. 

Once I had all this done, I felt that we needed something else to be seen though the acetate window ... after a bit of digging I discovered that I had purchased the Bugaboo Harr eepotter Digital stamp set and the Accessory set. So I printed out the sorting hat and two brooms (one the mirror image of the original). I attached the broom on either side of the acetate so it looks like Harry is carry it when the card is closed. I also added the sorting hat to the top of the card using the spinner die included in the Rectangle Pull Card set. When the card is closed it looks like the hat is on Harry's head and when it opens it is up in the air.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Stamps: Wizards Digital Stamps; Wizardette Digital Stamps - Tiddlyinks; Magical Castle - Hero Arts; Sorting Hat and Broom Digital Stamps - Bugaboo
Paper: White; Black; Pumpkin Spells DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card; Outdoor Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs;  Fishtail Flags Stax - MFT Stamps
Other ECD Products: Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Black Candy Dot; Foam Tape; Copics



10 comments:

Maryann said...

This is just magic Frances, 10 out of 10 for this challenge

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fun! Almost as fun as the books themselves! I love the way you did the broom and sorting hat!!

Vicky Gould said...

Being 100% ignorant about the book series, I'm pretty sure you aced this challene. Hope you have a magical day!

Lois said...

How very clever!!! I love the clear panel that allows Harry to show through. The two-sided broom is "brilliant" (to quote Ron). I'm really sorry I never bought any Harry Potter images when they were available.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome design with these great characters, Frances! I love every perfect detail!

Joanne (jojot) said...

just the perfect images.....fab fancy fold....truly inspired

Sabrina said...

As usual you have used a fun card format to create such a wonderful card for the challenge. It must be quite fascinating to see in real life with that clear window.

Liz Williams said...

Frances, you have outdone yourself on this fabulous card for this challenge. You certainly are the wizard at these flip cards.

Maikreations said...

Fantastic card! ;o)I love how you put so much thought and effort in your design and also love the way you coloured the characters! Thank you for sharing your card! ;o)

Karen Aicken said...

The card looked like it was pretty amazing before you added the hat and broom. OMGoodness - what a creative piece this is.