Saturday, July 18, 2015

Howdy


Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Karen Aicken, our challenge hostess for the month continues to bring us the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for our Sketch Challenge. Karen has given us a fun layout to play with this time round.



For my card today I am using new dies designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. These new dies will be available the first week in August.

On the front of my card I have used the Western Edges die set which includes the Barbed Wire border and the horse border (I used just the horses for this card today). 


I just love the new Fence Pop Stand Card die set which is what I have used for the inside of my card. I die cut the fence using woodgrain designer paper. Inside my fence I added Cocoa the Horse ... so cute! You could leave the horse or whatever animals lose so they can be removed from the fenced area or adhered to the fence like I did for this card.

I added the barbed wire border die to create my border near the edge of the card.


One thing I love about Karen's Character die sets is that you can decorate the front and the back if you wish, so that the back of the card can look as nice as the front view. 


Here is another view of my card, this time from overhead, so you can see all the card at one time. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Stamps: Western Sentiments; Howdy - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Dark Brown; Brown; Beige; Honky Tonk DP - DCWV
Dies: Fence Pop Stand Card; Cocoa the Horse; Western Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: ECD Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Foam Tape; Copics


1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a perfect take on the sketch, Frances. Love your Fence Pop Stand card!