Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pawesome


Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Our challenge hostess for July, Karen Aicken continues to bring us the challenges.

For our challenge this week, Karen has given us the theme .... CRITTERS - Put one or more critters on your card or project.

I recently purchased this Puppies Stamp/Die set from Stampendous and decided to use that for my card this week. This dog looks so like my little dog, Buttons, although as he is now over 18 years old he does look slightly older and he sleeps most of the time.

Of course I love pop up cards so I decided to use the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs for the base of my card. 

The dogs head and body come in separate pieces so I attached them using an action wobble so when the card has any movement the dog's head wobbles.

Here is a quick video showing how the dog's head wobbles on my card.



Along the top and bottom of my card, I added another layer of designer paper which is edged using the rolling hills border from the Outdoor Edges die set. The sentiment is layered using the label from the Lorna Labels Pop Up Card die set.



Here is another view of my card so you can see the pop up portion of my card a little easier.


And finally the front of the card. This time round I used the dog's head and paws so it looks like it is peeking out from behind something. I have used another action wobble to the head, so this one will also wobble. I also used the speech bubble from the Rectangle Accordion Card die set for the sentiment.


NEW Karen Burniston Dies Coming to Elizabeth Craft Designs 

Farm Collection #2 and Merry and Bright!!!

Check out Karen's blog post here for details of the new products being released. 

I will be sharing cards using these new dies on my blog starting tomorrow.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Pop Up Puppies - Stampendous; You are Pawesome Set - Simon Says Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Happy Tails DP - Bo Bunny
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up Card; Lorna Label Pop Up Card; Outdoor Edges; Rectangle Accordion Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Pop Up Puppies - Stampendous; Cat & Dog Pawesome - Simon Says Stamp
Other: Black Ink; Action Wobbles; Foam Tape; Copics



4 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Totally Pawesome card Frances! Love how you decorated the front, used Outdoor Edges and have the bones under the dog.

Maryann said...

Just super cute Frances, he does just look like buttons.

Karen Aicken said...

OMGoodness, this is so flippin cute I can hardly stand it. Wow - I mean, it was adorable BEFORE I saw that the heads were on Action Wobbles. LOVE this!!

Unknown said...

Squeeling. I absolutely love this and your coloring of the yorkie is spot on. Thank you for the inspiration. Awesome