Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Karen Burniston July Designer Challenge Day 2


Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back with my second card for the July Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time around the theme for our challenge is Homegrown Holidays - here's your chance to celebrate Christmas (or other winter holiday) on the farm. Create a holiday card with a country feel, using any Pop it Ups dies including (but not limited to) the brand new Farm 2 and Merry & Bright.


I had such fun creating this card. For the front of the card I created two cows using the Brownie the Cow die set, for one I added the nose and antlers and for the other I added the Santa hat which are both included in the new Props 5 - Christmas Costume die set. 

I used the Outdoor Edges to create my snow, which I die cut using cream card rather than white as the designer paper was cream. I used the sleigh from the new Sleigh with Gift Card Holder Pop Up Card set to create my sleigh. I embossed the red portion of the sleigh using the Sprig Embossing Folder and added Gold Glitter Dots along the bottom of the sleigh. 

I cut off the cow with the Santa hat legs so I could place him inside the sleigh and then cut the front feet apart so I could have them waving to us. 

The Christmas lights are from the Holiday House die set. I added Transparent Double Sided Adhesive tape to the front of my white card before die cutting. I then carefully removed parts of the protective backing to add my different colored Silk Microfine Glitters. I used True Red; Green and Silver Glitter for my lights.

Finally I created my sentiment on my computer and die cut it out using the speech bubble in the Rectangle Accordion Card set. 


For the inside of my card I used the new Merry Christmas Pop Up Card die set. Along the bottom panel I added the "To Moo" to go with the cow theme for this card using the Alphabet 1 Caps die set.

Along the top and bottom edges of the card I used the barbed wire border from the new Western Edges die set 

Finally I added the label from the Lorna Label Pop Up Card set so it can be used to write a personal greeting to whoever will be receiving this card.



Here is another photo of the inside of my card, so you can see the Pop Up portion of the card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.


Paper: White; Cream; Red; Brown; Pink; Tan; Green; Handmade DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Merry Christmas Pop Up Card; Lorna Label Pop Up Card; Sleigh with Gift Card Slot; Brownie the Cow; Western Edges; Props 5 Christmas Costumes; Rectangle Accordion Card; Hay There Pop Stand Card; Holiday House  - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm; Sprig Embossing Folder; Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Silver Silk Microfine Glitter; Green Silk Microfine Glitter; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
Other Gold Ink; Foam Tape



2 comments:

Gmalew said...

Delightful card. Love the reindeer cow!

Karen Aicken said...

Tee hee hee ... love everything about this card!!