Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ho Ho Ho


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a Christmas card I created using some of the new Pop It Up dies designed by Karen Burniston which will be available from Elizabeth Craft Designs the first week in August.


The base of this card uses the new Sleigh with Gift Card Slot. This is such a great die, as it can be used with the Sleigh like I have done here or you can use the Gift Card slot die to create a different pop up and use with a label or image in front of it. 

I have also used the new Rudy the Reindeer character die set, he's ready to help Santa get those presents out on Christmas Eve!

The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the new Merry Christmas Pop Up Card die set and I have layered it using one of the labels from the Katie Label Accordion Card die set.


Here is another view of my card, so you can see the pop up portion of the card a little better.


For the front of the card I used the Sleigh again and positioned it so it looks like it is flying off in the sky. I placed it on the card so that the present on the designer paper looked liked it was in the sleigh. On the left side of the card I added speech bubbles which are from the Lorna Label Pop Up Card set and then added the Ho Ho Ho! Santa's in that sleigh somewhere delivering presents .... think he might be hiding haha!

I will be sharing more sneak peeks of the new dies tomorrow and Tuesday for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Paper: White; Cream; Gold; Green; Burgundy; Brown; Black; Tan; DP - My Memories
Dies: Rudy the Reindeer; Sleigh with Gift Card Slot; Katie Label Accordion Card; Lorna Label Pop Up; Merry Christmas Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Red Glitter Dots


2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

I really need to get to work on my stash....I don't think I have 10 cards made yet.......this is so dang cute.....a pup gets me everytiime, esp when the pup reminds me of my Pepper....

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect card for the challenge - love how you styled the sleigh and the card front too.