Thursday, October 21, 2021

Happy 80th


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Number It .... Include a number or numbers on your creations this week. You can make an aged birthday card; number themed designer paper, number themed embossing folders or dies. Anything goes as long as there is a number somewhere!


Originally I had planned on creating an Advent calendar for this challenge, but then a friend asked me if I would make her two 80th birthday cards for her. As I hadn't made my card for this challenge, it was the perfect opportunity to use one for this challenge.

As you can see I created a pop-up card. I used Crafter's Companion Pop-Out Numbers die set to create the "80" for the pop up. After die cutting the pop-out numbers directly into the inside of the card, I then die cut on another color of card which had clear double sided adhesive tape on the front, I then covered  the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.


I used floral patterned papers to decorate the top and bottom edges of the card, using border dies from Spellbinders. I also used a scallop border from the same die set to add the scallop border to the paper.

I added the stamped sentiment using an old Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti STAMPtember Celebrate Your Day stamp set.


For the front of the card I used Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die which I layered using Hero Arts Infinity Oval die set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Other Supplies:
A2 Curved Borders One Die Set - Spellbinders (discontinued)
STAMPtember Celebrate Your Day Stamp set - Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti (discontinued)








4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This is so elegant and absolutely gorgeous, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beautiful and elegant birthday design for your friend to use. I know this beauty will be treasured by the 80 year-old who receives it!! Awesome work, Frances!!

Lois said...

I love the pop-out numbers on the inside of the beautiful birthday card. They had a bit of fun for the recipient.