Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Embroidered Happy Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday card I created using products from the Divinity Designs October release. This month's release has two themes, one being a sewing/cross stitch theme, which is what I used for this card. 

Cross Stitch or Embroidery Canvases come either blank or with a pattern printed on them which you use as a guide for your cross stitching or embroidery. I decided to go with the printed canvas look for my card today. To create this look, I used one of the floral papers from the Floral Favorites Slimline Paper Pack. You need two papers exactly the same. I die cut one of the papers using the A2 Cross Stitch Background that had a metal shim in the die cutting sandwich to allow all the tiny circle bits to come out. I then applied adhesive over the back of this panel and adhered it to the other paper so that the design matched up exactly. I then trimmed around the top panel.

I used the Matting Rectangle and A2 Landscape Card Base die sets to layer the background to my top folding card.

For the sentiment I used the Embroidery Hoop Set to die cut the hoop and the circle panel for the sentiment. I used the birthday sentiment included in the Keep Me In Stitches stamp set to add the sentiment.

To finish the card I added the silver screw to the top of the embroidery hoop and the needle under the sentiment to which I added some yarn.


For the inside of my card, I adde another embroidery hoop and added another of the sentiments included in the Keep Me In Stitches stamp set.











1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Very cool technique - much better than actually stitching on a card.