Tuesday, October 19, 2021

You Make Me So Happy

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another "faux embroidered" Slimline card I created using some of the new stamps and dies from Divinity Designs October release.

I liked the look for the faux embroidered card I created last week using floral papers, so I decided to pull out the new Slimline Cross Stitch Background die to create a Slimline version. I used papers from the Floral Favorites Slimline Paper Collection, die cutting one sheet with the cross stitch die. I then applied adhesive all over the back of the die cut panel and adhered it directly over another sheet of the same paper so that the pattern lined up perfectly to create the desired effect.

I layered this panel to a slimline card using the Slimline Rectangles and Slimline Card Base die sets.

For the sentiment I used the Embroidery Hoop Set and the Keep Me In Stitches stamp set to create the Embroidery Hoop sentiment layer. 


For the inside of the card, I die cut another of the Slimline Cross Stitch Backgrounds, this time from white cardstock. I layered this to a purple rectangle using the Slimline Rectangles die set and adhered it to the inside of the card.

I created the sentiment panel using the Embroidery Hoop Set and Keep Me In Stitches stamp set.