Saturday, October 30, 2021

Sending Loads of Love at Christmas

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie, our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Our challenge this week is to add some texture with a dimensional liquid or paste element on your card. Some examples are texture, crackle, molding or embossing paste, glass bead gel, Liquid Pearls, Nuvo Mousse, Nuvo drops, Crystal Glaze or Glossy Accents (used dimensionally rather than as a glue). 

I finally purchased a new bottle of Glossy Accents, which makes it easier to use so I have been adding it to my cards these past weeks anyway, so this challenge was timely.

I have been wanting to make a shaped card using Honey Bee Stamps Big Pickup Cab and Big Pickup Tailgate stamp sets, both images from these sets are symmetrical and with the coordinating dies it makes it easy to make a car shaped card. 

I folded my white cardstock in half and used one of the coordinating car dies to die cut my card base. I then stamped and die cut each of the pickups (front and back) and adhered them to the card base. As I was coloring my image using Copic markers this  helped prevent seeing the color from the back of the card and also gives it more stability.

I used the presents from the Loads of Love stamp set, which is an add on set to add the presents in the back of the truck. I also added a Christmas tree.

I die cut the  "Merry" from Bright Rosa's Christmas Words die set from gold glitter cardstock and added that to the tailgate. I found a tiny "Christmas" word to add to the number plate area.

I also added a string of lights across the top of the tailgate using dies from MFT Stamps Christmas String Lights Die-namics set, die cutting the lights from glitter card.

I added Glossy Accents to the tail lights, mirrors and windows.


The front of the pickup can been seen when you turn the card to the back. I have again used glossy accents to the lights and windows.

I also added some Christmas greenery along the bumper of the car.


For the inside of the card I added a sentiment using sentiment stamps from Honey Bee Stamps Loads of Love stamp set. I added the "Love at Christmas" which is from MFT Stamps Bitty Holiday Wishes stamp set.

I added the hands with the present image under the sentiment which is from MFT Stamps Stuffed Santa stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Other Supplies:
Christmas Words Die Set - Bright Rosa






No comments: