Thursday, October 7, 2021

Balloon Birthday Wishes

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess, which is ME!

Apparently 5th October was Balloons Around The World Day, for our challenge this week include a balloon or balloons on your card.

For my card today I decided to pull out a few older stamps and dies to create my card.

 I adhered blue paper from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes 12 x 12 paper pad to create the background of my card.

I wanted to use a large balloon for the front of my card, so I pulled out my Elizabeth Craft Designs A Way With Words Big Balloon die set. I die cut the balloon from patterned paper from a Honey Bee Stamps paper pad. I added the birthday sentiment to the top of the balloon.

For the grass I used MFT Stamps Tucked in Turf Vertical die which is the perfect size for a portrait style slimline card.

Finally I pulled out Eureka Stamps Girl Balloon Holder stamp to add to the bottom of the card.


I created a Double Pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up. For the top pop up I added balloons using a die set from Lawn Fawn, die cut from the same patterned paper I used for the balloon on the front of the card.

The girl is another balloon holder stamp from Eureka Stamps.

I added a balloon themed sentiment which is from a Unity stamp set, this is layered using oval dies from Hero Arts.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:





Other Supplies:
Tucked in Turf Vertical Die-namics - MFT Stamps (discontinued)
Birthday Wishes Die - Kaisercraft
Girl Balloon Holder 2 Stamp - Eureka Stamps (discontinued)











5 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love those rays of sunshine streaking across your birthday balloons, Frances!! What fun with your pop up balloons inside!!

Liz Williams said...

Look at the delight in that sweet girl's face! Your cards are always displaying lots of delightful elements!

Karen Aicken said...

I love balloons - and your card makes me happy!

Lois said...

How fun! This is a very happy card!

Nanci said...

Love your card. I don't make very many slim line cards, but this makese want to try.