Saturday, October 9, 2021

Happiest of Birthdays

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie, our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

This week Rebecca has requested that we create a card using the color combo of white, ivory and gold. That is all the colors we can use.


As you can see I created a Slimline card, I recently ordered a few of the newer Spellbinders Slimline dies and I received them last week, so I decided to pull out the Kaleidoscope Argyle die set to create the decorative portion of my slimline card. I die cut the three argyle layering pieces from ivory, gold and white cardstock, the frame around the argyle pieces was die cut from gold pearlescent cardstock. I die cut the slimline panel using the rectangle die included in the Blossoming Slimline die set which I then embossed using the Diagonal Stripes Slimline Embossing Folder.

For the sentiment I used one of the hot foil stamps and dies from Spellbinders More Sentiments Hot Glimmer set, hot foiling the sentiment using gold foil and then using one of the sentiment label dies to die cut the sentiment from white cardstock.

I layered the decorated ivory rectangle panel to gold cardstock and then to a top folding slimline ivory card that measures 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches.


For the inside of the card I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. For the sentiment I used one of the sentiments included in the  Spellbinders Essential Glimmer Sentiments Hot Foil Glimmer plate set, foiling again with gold foil. I then die cut the sentiment using another sentiment label die.

For the borders along the top and bottom edges of my card I used one of the slimline border dies from Scrapbook.com's Slim Borders die set to die cut the gold pearlescent borders.

I added two more of the argyle layered shapes to each side of the base of the card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




1 comment: