Saturday, January 1, 2022

Cheers 2022

 

Happy New Year Crafty Friends,

Well it is now officially 2022 down here in Australia, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year. Let’s hope 2022 turns out to be better than the last two years.

Before I get into details of my card today, I wanted to let my regular readers be aware of a change that will be happening on my blog this year. I started my blog in 2007, so it has been 15 years and in that time I have posted a card every day. My cards for the most part have gotten more complicated than those I made when I started blogging, so it can be very time consuming to make sure there is a card every day. 

I no longer have the challenge cards for my Saturday posts, as that challenge blog closed at the end of last year. So I have made the decision to not post cards on my blog on weekends. For me that means at least 8 cards a month less I have to make which is approximately 104 a year. If you saw how many cards I have here already I won’t miss making those ones and it gives me time to enjoy other things without stressing. There is no chance of my stopping cardmaking or blogging as I love both, and I have found my blog to be a valuable resource for me in the past when I want to know about something I did in the past.

Anyway onto today’s card ...

As it is New Years Day, I wanted to make a New Years Card for my post today. I received some dies from Trinity Stamps for Christmas which included the Cheers die set with coordinating Pop Fizz Stencil set and the Mini Slimline Disco Ball die set. So I pulled all these out to create my card.

The Cheers die set includes the dies to make the bottle, two different glasses and the "Cheers" sentiment. I also used the Pop Fizz Stencil to add the highlight to the left side of the bottle.

To create the background of my card, I used the Mini Slimline Disco Ball die, even though it is designed for Mini Slimline cards, as I needed a "floor" for this card, I was able to make it work for a Slimline card. I die cut the die using iridescent mirror cardstock that I have had in my stash for years.

The numbers for "2022" are from an older Tattered Lace die set.


For the inside of my card, I added another panel of the Mini Slimline Disco Ball die along the bottom of the card. 

The "Celebrate" sentiment is die cut from gold glitter cardstock and adhered to the top portion of the card.

I added the cork and "pop" effects to the top right of my card, these elements are also included in the Cheers die set from Trinity Stamps.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card - Happy New Year!