Friday, January 28, 2022

Butterfly Trio


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Slimline card I created using a slimline die from Lisa Horton Crafts.

I purchased a couple of Lisa Horton's Slimline Embossing Folders and one Slimline die set late last year. The slimline die is slightly shorter than a standard Slimline card measuring 7 3/4 inches x 3 1/4 inches, which means it won't work with other slimline dies out there. But it doesn't look that much different and it will at least still fit in a Slimline Envelope, so I am happy with the die set.

I had a panel of blue alcohol inked yupo paper in my stash which I have had for sometime, so I pulled that out to use for my background. I forget what color alcohol inks were used on this panel, as it was created a long time ago.


The butterfly die allows the butterflies to be 3D, however I wanted to see wings under the image when the wings were lifted up. So I die cut another butterfly panel and colored all the butterflies using Catherine Pooler Inks in Glitz and Orange Twist. I carefully masked the full panel so that the frame and swirls were still white after ink. I cut out the butterflies from the second panel and adhered them on top of the butterfly slimline frame.

I added two sentiments using MFT Stamps Bitty Birthday Stamp set.


For the inside of my card, I die cut the birthday sentiment from Concord & 9th's Perfect Pairings die set from white cardstock and then applied ink from Catherine Pooler's It's a Boy and All That Jazz.

I die cut two more butterflies, ink blended them and layered them together to add to my card.










 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Very pretty card! I chose not to get any of her dies because of the size difference, which was disappointing. Love the colours you chose!