Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Christmas Mailbox

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Have you heard the news???

Today the Karen Burniston Design Team start sharing sneak peeks for the upcoming January release.  Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC will be releasing 9 new dies which will be available to order on Monday 24th January.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.

So I know Christmas has been over for nearly a month, however I received my dies about two weeks before Christmas. I had just finished making all my Christmas cards etc and thought I was Christmas Carded out ... and then when I start making my first card using the new Mailbox Pop-up die set, I decided to make a Christmas themed one! I decided to keep going, just to show you that this die set can be used for anytime of the year .


I created a Mini Slimline Card with my final card measuring 3 1/2 inches x 6 inches. The width of this card is probably the narrowest you can go for the mailbox to be hidden when the card is closed. 

I cut two panels of blue cardstock that I splattered with white paint. I then used the Nature Edges die set to add snow along the bottom of the panels before adhering to the inside of my card.

I assembled the mailbox using the Mailbox Pop-up die set and adhered it to my card. As it was Christmas I wanted to add some decoration to the mailbox, but I need to be careful that the decorations didn't impede the movement of the mailbox opening and closing. I die cut the wreath and trim from the Street Lantern Pop-up die set. I adhered the wreath around the circle  that the arm is adhered to and then added the trim along the bottom of the mailbox.

I die cut an envelope using a die included in the Mailbox Pop-up die set, adding a stamped sentiment to the front of the envelope. I then placed this on the pop-up mechanism of the mailbox so my letter can pop out of the mailbox.

I used the presents from the Big Birthday Charms die set, to add the presents around the bottom of the mailbox.

I used the Merry Christmas die to add the sentiment to the left hand side of the card. And then used a stamped sentiment to add the "To You and Yours" on the right hand side of the card.


The front of the card is basically using some of the same elements I used on the inside of the card. I used the Mailbox Pop-up die set to create a flat version of a mailbox. 

I added another sentiment to the top of the card.


Here is a quick look at the products being released next Monday 24th January, link included in the supply list below.







2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love it in a Christmas theme!

Gail said...

SO delightful -- TFS this idea - I am getting this die and will certainly make CC with it as well as others - grand idea! Beautiful card!