Thursday, January 6, 2022

Balloon Birthday Wishes

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday themed slimline card I created recently.

I have be wanting to play with this Hello Bluebird Balloon Buddies stamp set that I received early in November, but with all the Christmas card I was busy making I didn't have the time. Finally I have.

I used a blue colored cardstock panel to create the background of my card and then blended the top portion of the card with Tumbled Glass; Broken China and Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide inks to get a graduated blue panel.

I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Border die set to create the grassy hills.

I stamped the images from the Balloon Buddies stamp set and then die cut them using the coordinating dies. 

"The "Birthday Wishes" at the top of the card is from Kaisercraft. The sentiment on the grass, is included in the stamp set I used.


For the inside of the card I die cut the birthday sentiment from Concord and 9th's Perfect Pairings Birthday die set. To create the rainbow effect, I cut panels of cardstock and colored each panel using two different shades of Copic Markers. I then adhered each colored panel onto a sheet of photocopy paper in rainbow order. I used this to die cut the sentiment.

I added the rabbit and two balloons left over after creating the front of the card.









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love this - I love balloons, ha ha. Also love your rainbow greeting inside - will have to remember that as I have that die set too. So cheery!