Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Best Wishes

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Slimline card I recently created using one of the first Christmas presents I received for Christmas 2021. This set is Pinkfresh Studio's Dahlia Bunch set, the set comprises of a Stencil set and coordinating die to create the Dahlia floral arrangement. There is also a stamp set available for this set, but for now I don't own it and haven't decided if I will as the stencil set can easily be used on it's own.

I stenciled the Dahlia Bunch stencil twice using Catherine Pooler inks in Glitz; Tiki Torch; Mandarin Spice; Flame; Garden Party and Martini. I then die cut the images using the coordinating die.

For the slimline portion of my card, I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Slimline Background 1 die set which was included in their Christmas Special Kit. This slimline  die can be used on cards all year.  I die cut the design from white cardstock and then layered it to a top folding slimline card base. 

 For the sentiment I used Pinkfresh Studio's Brushed Sentiments Hot Foil Plates. I spent the afternoon foiling the sentiments using gold and black foil, When I had finished foiling the two plates that are included in the set, I then used Pinkfresh Studio's Solid Hot Foil Plate to foil the foil scraps onto white cardstock. This gives you the gold around the outline with the white letters which I used for the front of my card. This way you don't waste those foil scraps. TIP: When using the Solid Foil Plate, make sure you heat it up for longer than you would the normal plates, there is a bigger surface so it takes longer to heat for a great result.



For the inside of my card I used another of the sentiments using the Brushed Sentiments Hot Foil Plate and gold foil, this time using the sentiment that I foiled using the actual foil plates rather than the solid version.

I added a couple of left over Dahlia flowers to the sides of the card to finish it off.










1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

That's just beautiful! I think I am like you, and liking the stencils & die instead of also adding the stamp to the series.