Tuesday, January 4, 2022

January 2022 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

Welcome to our January Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "BIRTHDAY CAKE" - make a birthday card featuring cake or cupcakes.


For my card today, I pulled out the Cupcake Pop-up die set to create my card. I die cut the pop up mechanism from the die set from the patterned paper. I also die cut the pop-up from white cardstock and trimmed out the cupcake portion of the white card and adhered it over the patterned paper.

I added the balloon paper to the top and bottom portions of the card, this is the reverse of the patterned paper the cupcake was die cut from.


I decorated the cupcake using yellow glitter cardstock and patterned paper.

Along the bottom of the pop-up, I added five candles which are from the Big Birthday Charms die set. I also added a few streamers which is another die included in the die set.

I used the Crosshatch - Ovals die set to add the sentiment which is from MFT Stamps LLD Delicious Birthday stamp set.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple,  as the focus is on the inside of the card. I added the birthday sentiment using the Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow die sets. I also added two candles to the top right of the sentiment using dies from the Big Birthday Charms die set.


Other Supplies:

LLD Delicious Birthday Stamp Set - MFT Stamps (discontinued)










5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love how bright and cheerful this is!

Gail said...

Such fun and bright colors indeed - a lovely and fabulous Happy Birthday card! Love it!

Unknown said...

I love how you create such colorful cards

Christine said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch you CREATE your cute cards.

Cindy Manott said...

This card is so bright and fun. Love how your CREATE using candles and sparkles. Your cupcake looks delicious!