Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Happy Birthday To You

 
Hi Crafty Friends,

Apparently today (18th January) is National Winnie the Pooh Day, who didn't enjoy reading the adventures of this adorable bear written by AA Milne whose birthday is today.

As I have a number of Pooh stamps in my stash, I decided to pull some out to create my card today.


For my card today I decided to create a Gatefold Pop-Out card using a tutorial posted by Sam Calcott. You can find Sam's video tutorial here


Pooh loved honey and bees, so I found some older bee patterned paper in my stash which I used for the side panels of my gatefold card, both on the inside and front.

I used yellow glitter cardstock for the other panels.

For the centre panel, I used an old Pooh rubber stamp and also a piglet one both from Rubber Stampede.

The two sentiments on the side panels are from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Showstopper Sentiments stamp set.


I created a belly band to help keep the card closed. I used circle dies from Creative Craft Products for the circle portion of the belly band. I added a birthday sentiment in the centre and. then to more Pooh themed. images on either side.


I added a panel to the back of the card, for a place to add an additional sentiment and somewhere to write a handwritten message.


Other Supplies:

  • Big Pooh Rubber Stamp - Rubber Stampede (retired)
  • Piglet Rubber Stamp - Rubber Stampede (retired)
  • LJD Birthday Greetings Stamp Set - MFT Stamps (retired)
  • Miscellaneous Small Pooh stamps




2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Super cute card

Sue from Oregon said...

I'm a big Pooh fan too! Love this!!!