Friday, January 13, 2023

Birthday Wishes

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to my blog, today I have a gatefold card to share with you.

This gatefold card is a little different than I normally make, in that the gatefold edges are curved. I used another new die set to create this card, this time it was Creative Craft Products Curvy Gatefold Card die set from Craft Stash. This die set includes the gatefold card base and all the layering pieces for the inside rectangle panel and the curved panels.


As you can see by the photo above, I created a belly band for my card to help keep it closed. I used oval dies from Creative Craft Products to add the oval panels to the belly band.

The flowers I added to the left side of the ovals are from Karen Burniston's Flower Pop-up die set. I wanted the flowers to match those on the patterned paper.


When you remove the belly band from the card and open it, it reveals a rectangle panel with a birthday sentiment. I used sentiments from Made To Surprise's Sentiment stamp set from the Showstopper Collection. I also added three more of the flowers to the rectangle panel.


I used the curved panel dies to create the layers for the inside of my card, die cutting the paper and card from the back side rather than the front to get the correct orientation.










2 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely card ! thanks for sharing
greetings, martina

Karen Aicken said...

Love it - what a fun die set