Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Opposites


Hi Crafty Friends,

I enjoy exploring the Days of the Year website to discover all the fun and interesting days of the year that people celebrate. Today Apparently is National Opposite Day, so of course I decided to celebrate by using opposites in my card.

If you want to know what Opposite Day is all about you can find out here.


I think I have included at least three different things on my card that would be considered "Opposite" two on the outside and the third on the inside. First up there is the colours ... black and white, I have then gone with stripes and dots.

I have created a Slimline card using patterned papers from Catherine Pooler Designs to create the first two opposites of my card. 

I added the large labels using Whimsy Stamps Mini Slimline Notched Labels die sets to the centre of my card. The sentiment is an older sentiment from my stash from Kaisercraft which I stamped in the middle of the labels.

I added the two butterflies using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Butterflies Galore Stamp/Die set, using the stand alone dies from the set only which I die cut from black and white cardstock. 

To finish off the front of the card I added a few pearls.


The inside of the card, repeats the first two opposites of black and white; stripes and dots and then we have the addition of the pop-up. The pop ups are adhered to the card on opposite ends (one at the top and one at the bottom and also on the opposite sides (left and right).

I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up for the pop up portion of my card which is always my go to pop up die set. I added two birthday themed sentiments to each of the labels.

I also die cut two more butterflies which I added to each side of my card.

Other Supplies:

Little Black Dress Slimline Patterned Paper - Catherine Pooler Designs (retired)

Hip Hip Stamp Set - Kaisercraft (retired)