Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Retro Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a retro themed Slimline birthday card I created recently. The colours of the card look a lot better in real life than they do in the photo, some colours are difficult to photograph successfully.

For my card today I pulled out a Slimline die set from Dare 2B Artzy called Retro Slimline Background. I die cut the decorative panel from bright pink card and layered this onto pink polka dot patterned paper. This was then layered onto a pink panel die cut using the rectangle die included in the die set and then onto a top folding 8 3/4 inch x 3 3/4 inch bright pink card.

Next I used some pink glitter cardstock to die cut some of the designs from the decorative panel again and paper pieced them into my design. 

Finally I used the accessory dies included in the set, die cutting them from pale pink cardstock and adhering over some of the glittered pieces.


For the inside of the card, I die cut a few more of the pieces using the decorative panel die and added them to two of the corners of my card. The white rectangle panel is die cut using the rectangle die included in the die set.

I stamped a birthday sentiment using one of the sentiments from LDRS Designs Essential Birthday Sentiments die set.