Friday, January 20, 2023

Banana Swing Boat Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun kinetic card I created recently. 

This card uses the Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Swing Boat die set which is part of her Fun at the Fair Collection. A little while before Christmas, Sam Calcott did a Facebook live where she made a Christmas themed card using this die set. During the live Benita Lundgren mentioned that she had made the swing boat into a Banana Boat, this sounded interesting so I decided that I would make my version of this eventually.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.



I wanted a monkey that I could put in different positions on my card and wasn't either too big or small. I used the Monkey die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs, the banana die is also included in this die set.

I added the palm tree branches to the top of the card, so it did look like the swing was in a banana tree.


Here is a view of the back of my card. I used the "It's your Birthday" sentiment from a sentiment set from Made To Surprise Terrific Towers Collection. I then added the "Go Bananas" using Karen Burniston's Mini Alphabet and Numbers die set.

Other Supplies:
Palm Tree Die - MFT Stamps (retired)







 

5 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one great card ! lots of fun
greetings,
martina

Karen Aicken said...

OMGosh this is SO fun

eunice said...

Totally fun and adorable!!!

DMac said...

Love your card! Will this fit in a standard envelope eg. 5x7 inches or does it require making a special envelope?

DMac said...

I love your card! Will this fit in a standard envelope or does it require a special hand made one?