Thursday, January 26, 2023

Swimming By

Hi Crafty Friends,

To all my Aussie readers, Happy Australia Day.

It's summer down here in Australia, so in honour of Australia Day,, I decided to create a card with a summer theme.

To create my card I created a Centre Step Card using Creative Craft Products High Centre Stepper Card die set which is available from Craft Stash. This and a number of other stepper card die sets were on special last year during their Black Friday sale and as the prices were really good a few landed in my cart! This one is different to others I already have in that the finished size measures 8 inches wide by 5 3/4 inches high.


As I wanted to create a pool scene I decorated the white card base using blue patterned paper on the top portion of the card. I then used green patterned paper and a hill border die from Honey Bee Stamps Horizon Slimline Borders die set. I also added the fence from the same die set to the top portion of the grass area.

I used the Swimming Pool die and Kiddie Pool Stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps to create my swimming pool scene.


For the palm trees I used Lawn Fawn's Tropical Backdrop die set.

I die cut a yellow circle for the sun which I added to the top right hand corner of the centre step portion of the card.

For the sentiment I used Whimsy Stamps' Fintastic stamp set.

The beach ball is from a Lawn Fawn stamp set.


For the inside of my card I used the rectangle dies included in the High Centre Stepper Card die set.

The sentiment here is from MFT Stamps BB Sunshine and Friendship stamp set. 

To finish off the card I added two more of the images from the Kiddie Pool stamp set.

















1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great card - I really like the larger size of this one.