Monday, January 16, 2023

Schoolhouse Pop-up

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year web site, yesterday (15th January) was Elementary School Teacher Day. Now even though the start of the school year doesn't start until next week and the end of school is in December, I decided to take this opportunity to make a start on the teacher thank you cards I will need to make this year for my grandchildren to give to their teachers. 

Back in December when Karen Burniston released some new dies, one of the sets she released was an addition to the Tiny House Pop-up Up die set which allows you to make either a schoolhouse or church. As I was busy at the time sharing Christmas cards, I didn't have time to play with the new dies so I pulled some out to play with for my card today.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


To create my card I started by assembling the schoolhouse using Karen Burniston's Tiny House Pop-up & Church and School Tiny House Add-ons die sets. I then attached this to the centre of my card base which is 5 inches square when folded. 

On the top left hand corner of my card I used the Hexagons - Crosshatch die set to create my layers using red and black cardstock. I then used Heffy Doodle Stamps Teach Me Words. stamp set to white emboss my sentiment.

I die cut the white panel in the lower right hand corner using the small rectangle die included in the Slider Box die set. I then added the Bookworm to this panel, leaving room to write a personal greeting when needed.

I white embossed another of the sentiments from the Teach Me Words stamp set from Heffy Doodle which I added underneath the bookworm.


For the front of the card, I added another of the Hexagons from the Hexagons - Crosshatch die set. 

I used two teacher themed die sets from Honey Bee Stamps and Papertrey Ink to added the "#1 Teacher" sentiment. 

To finish off the front of the card I added another bookworm and an apple.







1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a great Teacher Card!!!