Thursday, February 16, 2023

Dad's Tools

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another pop-up card using some of the new dies which are being released next Monday 20th February. Even though Father's Day isn't until September where I live, I couldn't resisted pulling out the Tool Charms die set to make this Father's Day card.


For the pop up on this card, I used the new Little Twist Panel Pop-up die set. This pop-up mechanism, glues into the card rather than being die cut into the card as the Twist Panel Pop-up does. This pop-up will work on just about any card size, here I have created a 5 x 7 card, but it will also work on A2; Mini Slimline and Slimline Cards.

I found this fun male themed nuts & bolts patterned paper in my stash so I used that on my card. I used the two larger rectangles included in the new Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch die set for the layers both inside and out. 

Most of the pop-up mechanism base is hidden under the nuts and bolts paper, so I had to trim approximately 1cm off the bottom edge of the paper. I glued the cut off portion of the paper to the back of the card first and then adhered the pop-up mechanism. Once that was in place I could adhered the remainder of the paper onto my card. There was a slight gap where the papers meet, so I hid that by adding a border using the Border Blends - Argyle die set.


I added the Happy Father's Day to the top portion of the card.

The label on the lower panel, uses the two larger labels from the Rectangles and Labels - Crosshatch die set. This is a place to write a personal message.

I found some ruler paper in my stash so I added that for the little flag thing in the centre of the pop-up. 

I die cut the tools from the Tool Charms die set from holographic and black cardstock, layering together before adding to my card.


I added some of the same elements that I used on the inside of my card, on the front. The "Dad" uses the Alphabet die set.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

This is the perfect masculine card!!