Tuesday, February 7, 2023

February2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our February Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "WEDDING, ANNIVERSARY or VALENTINES" - Love is in the card!


As you can see, I created a wedding card for the challenge, I need them more than I do either of the other options. 

As I hadn't created a church yet using the Church and School Tiny House Add-ons die set, I pulled that out along with the Tiny House Pop-up die set to create my card. I created a square card which measures 5 1/2 inches square when closed.


I used the Long Flap and Closure die to create the border along the left and right edges of my card.


The Bride and Groom, rings and Best Wishes sentiment are all from the Wedding Charms die set. I die cut the. rings and sentiment from holographic cardstock. For the sentiment, I also die cut it from the dark pink card and layered them together offsetting slightly, this was then adhered to the shadow which was die cut from vellum. The two hearts on the top right hand side is included in the Church and School Tiny House Add-ons set and was also die cut from holographic cardstock.


I kept the front of the card simple as the focus is on the inside. I used the Squares - Crosshatch die set to die cut the hearts patterned paper, which is then layered to holographic card. 

The large heart is from the Hearts - Crosshatch die set.

Finally I created the sentiment "Happy Wedding Day" using the Word Set 12 - Anniversary die set. Again I die cut the words with holographic and dark pink cardstock and off set slightly when layering, to get a slight shadow.


I added a panel to the back of the card, to add a sentiment and have a place to write a personal message. Adding this panel, helps keep the card level when the card is opened.

Other Supplies:
Hitched Stamp Set - Craftin Desert Divas (no longer in business)















5 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

Adorable church wedding pop up!!!

Christine said...

Cute card. I'll have to remember this when I have a wedding come up.

Karen Aicken said...

Great card for the challenge

Kay said...

Great card. I love the paper.

Scrapparen said...

So beautiful with silver Paper and red shadow!
I have made a card that I’ll be sending to my mother for here name’s day.