Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Fore! Three Two One

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I made for a good friend who celebrated her birthday last week. My friend loves playing golf, and for as many years as I can remember I have created a golf themed card to give to her for her birthday. After all this time she more or less expects it.

it's getting harder as the years go by, as I haven't purchased new golf theme stamps in years and they are hard to find, especially ones to suit a female golfer.


This year I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-up die set, to hide the cupcake I added a rectangle panel which was decorated the same as the background. 

I used Magnolia stamps Golf Flag stamp and Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Good Sports stamp set to add the girl on the golf green.

The sun and clouds are from Karen Burniston's Landscape Scene die set.


I added the diagonal stripe paper along the bottom edge of my card. I then added the circle border from Karen Burniston's Border Blends - Trims die set. This looks like a row of golf balls.

For finish off the inside of a card I added a golf themed birthday sentiment.


I kept the front of the card simple, as the focus is on the inside. I created the golf green scene using papers from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes 12 x 12 Paper, it's the same paper I used on the inside.

I added the golf ball and tee from Karen Burniston's Sports Charms die set. The sentiment is an older one from Rubbernecker Stamps.




Other Supplies:

Good Sports Stamp Set - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps (discontinued)
Golf Flag Rubber Stamp - Magnolia Rubberstamps
Fore! Three Two One ... - Rubbernecker Stamps (discontinued)









No comments: