Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Color My World …. Let’s Hop & Shop!

MFT-Art-wm

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another "Blog Hop and Shop!".

The hop started at Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Tonight I am featuring two of the new stamp sets that are being released, these are Typewriter Alphabet and PI – You Color My World.

The Typewriter Alphabet stamp set comes with Upper Case, Lower Case , Numbers and a few other common things you might need like … nd, rd, th, and &. These come in two sizes, the size I used on my card above is the larger size and there is a smaller size if you need it. You also get some round circle (the typewriter keys) in both open & solid that you can use with the alphabets. I used the Open circle on my card today.

I have used two of the new MFT Die-namics on the front of my card. First up I used the High Tea Doily and this looks just like a real doily and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! You can cut your doilies out of any card or designer paper you wish. There is also a Pop-Out tool which helps to remove all those cut out bits from the doily after die cutting it.

The second die I used on the front was the new Fish Tail Banner Die …. another must have die. This is a 4 piece die set and has the two pieces for the banner as well as the circle pieces that can go on top of the banner, which I used to stamp the word “Art” onto.

I love this PI, the set comes with her without the beret, which is another stamp in the set that you can use if you wish, as well as the splatters which I stamped beside her paintbrush.

Because this set is all about color, I decided to use three different colors of twine on my card today, these are …. Caribbean Teal Twine; Lemondrop Yellow Twine and Mandarin Orange Twine.

MFT-Art2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, I used two of the sentiment from the set and also added the PI girl again. I also used another of the new MFT Die-namics being released tonight which is the Die-namics Open Zig Zag Border.

Here are the die I used on my card today:

MFT_Open ScallopDoily_PreviewGraphic copy

Print

MFT_FourPointFrame_PreviewGraphic

Well that is about it from me for today, now it is time to hop on over to the blog of the marvellously talented Jody Morrow and see what awesome creation she has to share with you today.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by! Don't forget to leave comments on all the blogs, you never know who may be giving away blog Candy!!

Stamps: Typewriter Alphabet; PI You Color My World – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; Animal Antics DP – Trimcraft
Die-namics: High Tea Doily Die & Pop Out Tool; Fish Tail Banner Die; Open Zig Zag Border Die – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Sewing Machine; Caribbean Teal Twine; Lemondrop Yellow Twine; Mandarin Orange Twine; Brown Candy Dots; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

39 comments:

krussellstudio said...

Love the layers! Great job!

Sarah Gough said...

this is gorgeous Francis, love the colours you chose!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Frances! LOVE the ART border! It's totally PERFECT! AMAZING layout, papers and coloring!!

Jules said...

Cute card - great colors too!

Karen Motz said...

Ok...Jodi keeps stealing my comments...word for word!!! Ditto to what she said!!! :-)

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the cards.

Danni said...

I really love how you did the "art"! What a great card!

Jan Garber said...

This retired Kinder teacher gives you an A+! I love the way you finished the inside!

Erin Smetak said...

Absolutely beautiful card! That banner die is so cool, and the PI girl is just awesome!

Alli Miles said...

super cute Frances!

Anonymous said...

EEEKKK!!! Girl, this is spectacular!! A piece of ART for sure!

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute - love that banner and all the layers.

Eva said...

WOW, Frances, this is sooo GORGEOUS..Love the banner and all the pretty layers!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! :)Love hopping along and seeing all the beautiful designs!

Melody said...

How cute is that banner!! Love your card!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances way to work that banner!!

Lisa - papergrace said...

How sweet is this card? The colors are beautiful and I don't think I can ever get sick of that doily. So lovely!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh you have outdone yourself on this design, this is so darn cute! Love it.

TheLastOfNine said...

Love all the elements you used!
Gloria

bernshwag said...

Adorable card Frances, I love that banner die!

Jody Morrow said...

Your card is so adorable. I love the word art spelled out on the banners. Cute!!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

So adorable! I love everything about your card, those sweet banners and that lacey doily... YUM!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Awwww - LOVE IT!!!!!

NatashaS said...

very cute card!! and you used that beautiful doily die that I'm dying to get!!!

Lisa H. said...

I really love this, Frances!

Michele Boyer said...

I LOVE the banner, Frances! SO cute!

Scraping Miami said...

Love your card, love how you put the twine on the card and the banner is great.

Leilanie said...

OH my! This card is to cute! I wanted to see how the banner like die would look like! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Well I'm quite happy, your card features two of the things I put in my cart last night, the stamp and the banner dies, so glad I purchased those, especially now after seeing them used together.

tiff said...

Love your card! That little painter is so cute!

Sherrie said...

Cute card Frances...love the combo of the strands of twine.

Silli said...

FABULOUS!!!!

Inge Groot said...

Such a sweet card and I love how you've used the fishtail banner Die-namics!

Megan said...

I love the banner in the corner! Excellent touch.

Barbara said...

So flippin' adorable, Frances!! Love that banner!!

Arlene said...

she is tooooo sweet! Love her little hat... perfect touch! :-)

Janneke said...

Ow you used my favrotie PI stamp ;0)
I love your card ..

Janneke Xo

ziggymity said...

The card is so cute. I love that doily die.
Hugs,
Misty

Jessie/knightrone said...

I couldn't love this more if I tried...seriously, WAY cute!!