Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stay Cool!

CCEE1144-Snowboard-wm

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week being a brand new month we have a new challenge hostess which is Tosh Leyendekker.

Throughout November Tosh says we are going to be doing a countdown. Since there are four weeks, why don’t we start with four? Logical right? J

So this week our challenge is to use 4 different embellishments (buttons, rhinestones, lace, twine, flowers, etc.)

For my card I used one of MFT Stamps new Pure Innocence stamps which were released yesterday. This cutie is PI – Snowboarding Boy, he looks like he is having fun in all that snow. My 4 embellishments I used are the felt snow, trees, snowflakes and the pearls on the snowflakes.

I decided to create a snow scene. I started with my designer paper, I thought all those white dots looked like it could be snowing Smile. The snow was created using one of MFT Stamps newest die-namics … Die-namics WoNkY Scallop Border with My Favorite Felt – Puff Cloud White.  I added two of the Die-namics Sheltering Tree’s to my card adding glitter glue to the branches to resemble snow. Of course you can’t have a snow scene without some snowflakes so I added the Die-namics Let it Snowflake which I cut from white glitter paper. And finally I added my sentiment which I stamped onto the small ribbon from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

snowflaketrioSM

ShelteringTreeAndLeafDuo

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

CCEE1144-Snowboard2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I added some more of the designer paper I used on the front which I cut with the Die-namics WoNkY Scallop Border.  I stamped the little boy and a sentiment from the set onto my card.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps PI Snowboarding Boy – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Festive Frolics DP – Papermania
Die-namics: WoNkY Scallops Border; Let It Snowflake; Sheltering Tree; First Place Award Ribbon – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; White Felt; Glitter; Pearls; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Frances - this is just darling! I love the trees and the sun.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card! Reminds me of my skiing through the trees in fresh powder! The felt for the snow is brilliant. Fabulously done!!

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT!!~

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Frances, this has got to be one of the cutest cards ever!! I love the felt snow, the glitter in the trees, and your sweet image. Absolutely perfect!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh...this is just the sweetest scene

Kathy Bradley said...

Adorable image and pretty card!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUCH an awesome scene Frances! LOVE the felt snow!

Michele Boyer said...

This is REALLY cute! I LOVE the snow!!

Sharon said...

I was browsing CCEE blog and saw your sweet card. love the idea of felt for the snow. You have created a wonderful scene!
Sharon
aka Celticrafter

scootingranny said...

I think this is THE cutest card! Love it! CAS'ed it! Hope you don't mind...