Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cozy Christmas Wishes … MFT New Product Tour!

MFT-PI-ChristmasStocking-wm
Hi everyone,
It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for our New Product Tour!
NewProductTour
Make sure you visit Kim's (MFT Lady) blog for a full list of the participating Design Team members. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!


Today I am featuring one of the Pure Innocence stamp sets …. PI Christmas Stocking, isn’t she adorable. As many of know I love creating cards with fun folds and this time round I have created a Side Spring card …. you can find the tutorial for this over in the resource section of SCS..


I paper pieced her pj’s & the Christmas stocking she is holding. The designer paper on the pj’s was white, but I used the Spun Sugar Distress Stain to color the designer paper because I wanted her to have pink pjs.

MFT-PI-ChristmasStocking2-w
Here is a closer look at the layer under the diamond shape that the PI girl is attached to. For the sentiment I used the smaller  ribbon from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon die.


MFT-PI-ChristmasStocking3-w
Here is the inside of my card. I used one of the sentiments from the PI Christmas Stocking stamp set. This is stamped onto the Die-namics Clearly Sentiment die … this is perfect for those larger sentiments. I embellished the sentiment using the holly leaves from the Die-namics Christmas Ornaments die … the red berry was punched using a circle punch.


Here are the dies I used in this project:
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
Well that is about it from me for today, don’t forget to visit Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so you can check out all the wonderful creations the other MFT Design Team have created.

Stamps: PI Christmas Stocking – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; Red; Holly Jolly Christmas DP – Echo Park
Die-namics: Clearly Sentiment; Christmas Ornaments; First Place Awards Ribbon – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Scor-pal; Pearl Flourishes; Foam Tape; Copics
aa-owl-signature

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Frances, you have been so busy!!~

zehra said...

Love the unique shape of the card, love the look of spun sugar, I have to work at changing colors on dp. Cute card. TFS

Karen Motz said...

Oh Frances!! She's a real sweety with those festive pajamas!!!

Barbara said...

Awesome card, Frances! I love her jammies!

wendy said...

whow such a unique card...love it

g said...

just adorable Frances- i LOVE it!!

Karen Giron said...

WHat a fun card!! LOVE all of the intricate folds and the paper piecing is SO sweet!

Angel said...

this is darling! LOVE her jammies! very cool card, need to try it!

Melody said...

Another great shaped card! And I love those PJ's!

Lisa H. said...

she's sooooo CUTE!!! love the jammies and what a fun card design.

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness, this is just so adorable. Love it.

Michele Boyer said...

So cute, Frances. Love the shape and fold!

Silli said...

awww, love the new dies!

Anonymous said...

I love her jammies!! This is amazing Frances!

Jodi Collins said...

This is as CUTE as can be Frances! LOVE the holly leaves on either side of the sentiment!!