Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Sending You Birthday Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday themed Slimline card I created recently.

To create my card I used Spellbinders Slimline Flowering die set. I die cut the main two dies from green cardstock to create the decorative panel which I then layered to a blue panel of cardstock and then adhered to a top folding Slimline card that measures 3 /12 inches x 8 1/2 inches.

As this  design included tiny flowers over it I wanted to add colored flowers over the flowers in the pattern. I found some that matched pretty close in a Lawn Fawn Flower Hillside Pop-up Add-on die set. I die cut the flowers from pink cardstock, shaped them a little and then adhered yellow pearls to the centres.

I used a birthday sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Builder stamp set, which I embossed using gold embossing powder and then die cut this using the rectangle die included in the Slimline die set. This was foam mounted to the centre panel.


For the inside of the card I die cut a piece of green cardstock using just the rectangle die included in the die set. 

I then added a sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps which is stamped onto an oval from an older Spellbinders Mega Ovals die set.

I die cut a scrap of green cardstock using the decorative overlay die included in the die set to get some leaves that matched the front of the card and then added a few more pink flowers over the top.

Other Supplies:
Mega Ovals Die Set - Spellbinders (discontinued)