Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - April 2021

Welcome to our April Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "YUMMY!" - make a card that incorporates something yummy. (Sweet Treats charms, Ice Cream Sundae, Cake, Cupcake, etc.)


Since I enjoy creating Slimline cards these days, I love seeing if there is a way to incorporate any of the Karen Burniston's Pop-up dies in this format. For my card today I created a Portrait Slimline card with a 3/4 length front. This card measures 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches when closed, the front of the card measures 5 1/2 inches.

I used Karen Burniston's Ice Cream Sundae Pop-up die set to add the Ice Cream Sundae to the fold of the card. 

I added the stamped sentiment to the ovals which are from the Ovals - Crosshatch die set. 


I used the You're Sweet sentiment at the bottom of the card. I die cut this using bright pink and  orange cardstock and then offset the orange at the bottom. This sentiment can be seen when the card is closed.

I added borders to the top and bottom of the card. The borders at the top are from the Border Blends - Argyle and the borders along the bottom section of the card are from the Border Blends - Party die sets.

On the panel on the front of the card I added a patterned paper that contrasts with the one on the inside, so it is easier to see the two different sides. 

I used the Border Blends - Argyle to add the borders to the front panel of the card.


I created the ice cream cone to add to the front of the card which is also from the Ice Cream Sundae Pop-up die set. This was layered to the ovals from the Ovals - Crosshatch die set.











3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Haven't seen this die used in awhile - love how you adapted it for a Slimline!

Jill R said...

Your card is simply delicious! Cute too!

ksplumlee said...

Your card is super cute. Love how you added the spoon.