Sunday, April 4, 2021

Just A Hello

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun interactive card I created recently using Spellbinders Make A Scene dies which were released earlier this year. I love interactive cards, so I got these dies for my birthday a few weeks ago.

I made this style of card about 30 years ago, and made a few of them, but they are a lot of work when you have to do all the measuring and cutting by hand. Die make it so much easier. Back then we used to call them Shutter Cards and I have also heard them referred as Theatre Cards. 


To create my card I used Spellbinders Make A Scene Card Base die, which as the name suggests creates the basic card. To decorate the inside of the card (make the scene) I used the Cozy Home Scene die set, this set includes the house, fence and a sentiment and the dies to create the tab thing for the images to sit on and attach to the card. 

I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders to add the grass to the back panel inside the card.

I also used the Make A Scene Bold Greetings die set to add the sentiment rather than use the "Home Sweet Home" which comes with the Cozy Home Scene die set. 

I added some cute people and animals using Lawn Fawn's Tiny Friends stamp set.



To decorate the outside of the card I used the Scallop Facade Frame die set.


On the back of my card I added a sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Floral Notes Stamp set. This was layered to a rectangle using Heffy Doodle's Metric Stitched Rectangles die set.














1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh wow - this is so cool!