Thursday, April 15, 2021

Enjoy the Ride


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Yesterday was "Look up at the Sky Day", so our challenge this week is to include the sky in some way on your card.


Recently I saw a card created by Sandra McDonald where she used the Pinkfresh Studio Slimline Layered Starburst stencil set to create a sky background using yellow inks for an Easter card. I loved the look and as I had that stencil set, I decided to pull it out to create my sky background for this weeks challenge. 

After I had creating the stencilled panel, I die cut the rectangle using Trinity Designs Slimline Stitched Card Panels & Windows die set. 

As the design creates a white space in the centre of the design, I decided to hide that by adding a circle for a sun.

I added two layers of grass using MFT Stamps Slimline Grassy Hills die set. I also added a road by die cutting the Trinity Stamps stitched rectangle that I used to die cut the sky and then I used one of the border dies from MFT Stamps Stitched Slimline Snow Drifts die set for the curvy edge.

To decorate my card I used the bunnies on the scooter from Honey Bee Stamps Enjoy the Ride stamp set. I added the houses and trees from Lawn Fawn's Happy Village stamp set.

To finish off the card I added the sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps stamp set.


For the inside of the card I created a pop-up card. I created another stencilled panel that I used on the front of the card. I cut the panel down the centre vertically and added each half to the edges of my card.

I added the bunnies on the tandem bicycle to the pop up panel. Finally I added a birthday sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Builder stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun way to use that stencil.

Lois said...

That's a great stencil. I may have to put it on my list. I love your card!

Liz Williams said...

A tremendous sky! Such a cute scene too!