Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Looking Sharp

Hi Crafty Friends,

I thought it was about time I pulled out my alcohol inks to create a background for one of my cards, of course I had to try it to create a Slimline Card.

I used alcohol inks in yellow/orange colors on Yupo paper to create my background. After applying the alcohol inks onto my paper, I then used an Air Blower to move the inks around to create an interesting background.

I used the Catherine Pooler Designs Chevron Slimline die to die cut a panel from black cardstock and then layered this over the alcohol inked background. This was then layered onto a side folding white slimline card that measures 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches.

To decorate my card I used the cactus and pot using Concord & 9th's Stuck on You die set. For the sentiment I used a sentiment from Sizzix Cacti Fold-A-Long die set.


I had a thin strip of the alcohol inked background left over after cutting it down for the front of the card, so I added this to the edge of the card.

I die cut the other cactus included in the Stuck on You die set so I added that to my card.

Finally I added a birthday sentiment using a sentiment from Darcie's Stay Sharp stamp set.

Other Supplies:
Cactus Fold-A-Long Die set - Sizzix (discontinued)
Mega Oval Die set - Spellbinders (discontinued)









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

You have to know how much I love this one!